Monday, October 17, 2011

A-Music Week 4

Dear Followers,

Yesterday I prematurely submitted my Common Application, assuming I was supposed to hand in everything pertaining to the application 10 school days before the deadline. Facepalm. While I am somewhat relieved to not have to worry about it anymore, I can’t help but shake feeling like I have done myself a disservice in denying myself the ability to go back and edit some of my information. Oh well. As far as anime news goes, I have recently finished two shows which were both much more satisfying than I initially anticipated.

First, which I believe I mentioned a few weeks ago, is “Mawaru Penguindrum.” I was genuinely surprised at how complex and philosophical the dialogue became in the last few episodes. Even after scanning a few fan forums for an explanation of the first season’s ending left me feeling like I was reading a passage by Slavoj Zizek. “Mawaru Penguindrum” even managed to masterfully craft a reasonable justification for one of anime’s most hated clichés. I’m more than ready for a second season, especially as I wait for “Persona 4” to become marathonable.

Second is “Arakawa Under The Bridge.” I really have no idea why I came across this show. If I remember correctly I was on MyAnimeList looking for recommendations based on Bakemonogatari when I passed over a review. Finding shows like “Arakawa Under The Bridge” make me feel incredibly blessed to be an impulsive YouTube user. After watching a fan-made collection of some of the show's funniest clips, I had more than enough reason to check it out in its entirety. What I found was a show which questions preconceived notions of normality, social hierarchy, and what it means to find happiness.

And, here are some new songs!

1. Sakasama Bridge - Suneohair



2. E - Spangle Call Lilli Line


3. Together - Monkey Majik


4. Namikaze Satellite - Snorkel


5. Gravity 0 - Aqua Timez


6. Distance (M-Flo Remix) - Utada Hikaru


7. After Dark - Asian Kung-Fu Generation


8. Fly Away - Izawa Asami


9. Akaneiroga Moerutoki - Scoobie Do


10. Ma Boy - Sistar19
You Parasitic Life Form,
Noel

0 comments:

Post a Comment