Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Following The Dream

Dear Followers,




Today marks day four of my hip hop conversion. Today I bring you, fresh from Japan, some DJ Okawari. DJ Okawari has been dubbed the new Nujabes, and for good reason. DJ Okawari combines a soft piano with rhythmic hip hop beats to synthesize genuinely relaxing music. If you need something to help you do your homework without becoming distracted, DJ Okawari is your man. What I particularly enjoy about DJ Okawari is how he mixes more traditional Japanese sounds with modern Western rhythyms. DJ Okawari produces "music for meditation," and his album art is prize-worthy (Check out his song, "Bluebird Story" above).



As many of you know, Pokemon Black and White recently came out in America. I have been pissed about this game for a while now for one reason: the new Pokemon are so ugly. Having played Pokemon from my early elementary schools days, I have grown up with handsome Pokemon. From majestic Dragonite to humble Oddish, Pokemon have always looked good. Once Pokemon went past Gold and Silver, I noticed a decline in Pokemon appearance quality, but this was minimal at most. The new Pokemon actually make me want to throw up. Enough said.


But enough of me ranting. Actually, this whole blog is me ranting. Well, moving on. The past few months have been an experience in standardization. I have had to fill out registration forms for various programs one after another, and I began to slowly wonder how important these forms actually are. Why do organizations need to know my address, social security number, and ethnicity in order for me to participate in events they hold? I began to think about how the overbearing registration process was such a hindrance to participation, how some kids would just never have the motivation to deal with crafting pages of horse crap meant to impress. Whatever.


Yesterday during my "productive" night hours, I crafted my concept t-shirt design for the "Brown Panthers," a play on the famous "Black Panthers" involved in the Civil Rights movement. The t-shirts are really just a joke, a combination of an unproductive AP Biology class and an APUSH running gag. You can check out the shirt here, http://www.customink.com/designs/bp/pjd0-000h-j34x/social?pc=FB-40779&cm_cat=facebook&cm_ite=bp&cm_pla=share&cm_ven=social. I didn't expect anybody to be interested in buy these, but so far I have around 10 people interested. If you are interested just email me or something. If we get 20 people, the price on these babies will drop to $14 a shirt. In other news, MS Paint sucks. I will be down... purchasing a new program in the near future.


Continuing the trend of unrelated stories, today our very own Samantha Meyer had a very candid moment. During the walk back to class from lunch, right as we were passing by the cafeteria doors, an amazing spectacle unfolded. An innocent girl was looking backwards, books in hand, excited for her lunch period, when her world was turned upside down. Samantha Meyer, in a bout of libido, decked this innocent girl back on the heels of her feet. Without another word, Samantha Meyer powered through the crowd, leaving the innocent girl in a state of confusion and awe. Such is the power of youth. Sami is proably legitimately mad at me for laughing at her the whole rest of the trip. I am sorry Sami.


Well, that raps up today. Maybe someday I will have coherent blog posts dedicated to one single topic. Or not. If you were as tantalized by the art and sounds of DJ Okawari as I was, feel free to visit his website here, http://www.djokawari.com/home.html (yeah, I know this is in Japanese).


Sound of Silence,
Noel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmm approve

Nofratella said...

*wraps, but props for blogging.

APYC said...

Nope. I was using a play on words. "Raps" as in hip hop. :)

Anonymous said...

Here is one drum pack which I think DJ Okawari often uses
https://www.lucidsamples.com/hip-hop-samples-packs/72-classic-hip-hop-drum-beats.html

Post a Comment