Thursday, March 17, 2011

To Zanarkand

Dear Followers,


Sometimes, crap happens. As many of you know, Japan experienced a high magnitude earthquake and tsunami last week which devastated coastal and inland regions. Today, Japan continues to deal with a nuclear radiation emergency and is 8 feet closer to Uncle Sam. Aside from a few glances at new programs covering the event, I haven't looked much into this. From what I can tell, however, this crisis will be one of the defining moments of the decade. As the world looks on, paralyzed with sympathy to the point of inaction, Japan will have to show the world how to clean this mess up like only Japan can.



I have no idea whether or not the III MEF has moved in from Okinawa to help with the relief effort, but how the US responds in the coming weeks will shape the nature of our bilateral alliance with Japan and no doubt send a signal to our allies around the world. Japan, with the world's second highest GDP (I don't even know what gross domestic product means... Xun, where you at?), will no doubt experience economic malaise in the coming months as the nation was literally frozen for a few days. Indeed, we are far from done with hearing about this disaster.


Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children - PSP Review at IGN

But what does this disaster mean to me? I am not going to lie. I was not impacted greatly by this disaster. With Japan a few thousand miles away, I have no right to sit here and pretend that this was a great travesty for me when people in Japan are fighting for survival among the rubble. I have only been impacted indirectly. While dealing with anime delays is bothersome, I have no right to complain (although my Sunday-morning visit to the church of SD was missing). I am assuming, quite frankly, that Japan will be up and running in the coming weeks as demonstrated by http://satwcomic.com/ (provided by Ishmam Ahmed). But what do I know?



On a completely unrelated note, today JZ helped me rediscover my love for Final Fantasy. For those of you who don't know, Final Fantasy is a media franchise developed and owned by Square Enix which includes movies, anime, manga, and, most importantly, videogames. Final Fantasy games have evolved from simple 8-bit RPG's to high-definition masterpieces over the years. Final Fantasy is constantly pushing the envelope in terms of crafting a comprehensive and unrivaled gaming experience. Everything from the visuals to the characters to the background music is simply perfect in Final Fantasy (well, for my tastes).



Final Fantasy has some of the best musical pieces I have ever heard in my life. Here are some of my favorites (Yes, I really do love Final Fantasy).






Final Fantasy never stops amazing me. From the ground-breaking and iconic FFVII to JZ's closet obsession FFX, no two Final Fantasy games are really the same (except for the piece of garbage known as FFX-2). In one of the world's most mysterious play on words, Final Fantasy has survived over the years with so many installments because no one experience is the same. Every game comes with new environments, new characters, new stories, new fighting systems, new RPG elements, and new bosses. For those of you who enjoy RPGs that haven't played Final Fantasy, go pick up a copy now. Now.



Soon to come out, Final Fantasy XIII Versus, is a combination of Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts elements. Can somebody smell perfection?


One Winged-Angel,
Noel

0 comments:

Post a Comment