Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lights

Dear Followers,


Today was remarkable. I got to add and check something off of my list of things to do before I die: creating an acoustic masterpiece with four laptops. On the balcony of cabana 225 of the Sheraton, Alec Spencer, Evan Chen, Rishi Sinha, and I awakened our inner music producers and conducted our own SRC-approved experiment. Using our laptops, we first played a single song in sync before spicing things up with some timed rounds. The result, with the help of an enclosed balcony overlooking two serene pools, was something remarkable indeed. When you get the timing just right, and three computers become one, you have reached genuine "soul resonance."




In case you are interested, we have been experimenting specifically with Ellie Goulding's "Lights" and "Starry Eyed." Today marks the end of this weekend's science fair, and as we all try to forget about school tomorrow we have resorted to various gimmicks as we savor the last moments of ecstasy. From cramming into Princesa's car for a late night DQ snacking, smacking Alec's big toe with Evan's purple water jug, cheering Hari on as he got his mac on, running on treadmills with nothing but boxers, and playing SC next to the pool, these past few days have felt like summer. Too bad this ship is going to be crashing in less than 24 hours.




Who would have thought Lady Gaga would have such good songs? I am loving "Summer Boy" and "Speechless." Oh by the way, we miss you Sibi. See, Sibi, who planned on observing projects for a couple projects with his brothers for an hour in preparation for his SciMent research next year, ended up staying progressively later until he finally just slept over in our room. After a night of watching "Friday" lyrical analyses and "Modern Warfare" from Community, we had to wave goodbye to Sibi in the middle of a drawn-out SC game (damn you Evan Chen and your cracklings... and for spoiling SD 24).




Today at the science fair, I received a major motivational boost. When I am conducting my research at the University of Minnesota, I often feel like I really am not doing anything important. Covered underneath a collection of bacterial cell plates and mini prep samples, I really feel like my work only has academic value. Seeing people who have dealt with cancer themselves or know others who have smile brightly even in the face of such adversity put things in perspective for me. Even my small high school experiment gives people hope. Hell, knowing that what I am working is doing something to help others move forward with hope makes me want to work harder than ever before (except your daughters don't need to acquire my phone numbers).




Well, tomorrow I need to start doing this homework which is piling up underneath the sheets in our disgruntled room. Honestly, we may be the only kids on the planet who don't require alcohol to come up with great ideas like using our lamp as an powerstrip while unplugging our alarm clock. Sigh. When I go back, I need to study for some biology junk, do this math rubbish, and finish that APUSH crap. But, for now, I will just relax knowing that when I get home, I am downlo... "purchasing" Ellie Goulding's discography and making some new playlists.


Starry Eyed,
Noel

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WTF is a "disgruntled room?"

also, <3

Raph said...

hook me up with that discography. and what anime is that?

APYC said...

Ishmam: Our room is a disgruntled room.

Raphael: Kaichou Wa Maid-Sama

Post a Comment