Saturday, January 7, 2012

A-Music Week 8

Dear Followers,

When I began doing somewhat weekly (more like one every two weeks) A-Week posts, I never knew how handy the name I had selected would be. Indeed, the ambiguous A gives me the freedom of sharing not only my favorite Asian music, but my favorite American music as well. Although, in all honesty, it may be somewhat presumptuous to claim that some of the music which gets played in America is genuinely American. Perhaps songs in English would be a more appropriate category. Who knows.

Like another great band, The Script, the band I am sharing with you today hails from Ireland: Two Door Cinema Club. I first became acquainted with Two Door Cinema Club when I was searching the song selection iTunes had recommended for me a few months ago. After purchasing "What You Know" on my desktop, I had to pull up the song on YouTube a few weeks later when I was working on my laptop. Once again, YouTube worked its magic and soon connected me with a plethora of fantastic songs. The band's debut album "Tourist History (2010)" is pure magic.

How can you go wrong with having a Mac for a drummer?
Two Door Cinema Club brings exactly what I look in a band to the table. As somebody who often values sound over lyrics, Two Door Cinema Club's unique blend of electronic sound is very appealing. Two Door Cinema Club does not lack in the lyric department either, with songs like "Eat That Up It's Good For You" providing a dash of socially pragmatic advice. I find myself listening to Two Door Cinema Club over and over again, each song growing on me as I listen to it more and discover it's musical nuances. Below are a sampling of songs from the band which I found particularly enjoyable.

1. Eat That Up, It's Good For You


2. What You Know


3. Undercover Martyn


4. I Can Talk




5. You're Not Stubborn

Tourist History,
Noel

0 comments:

Post a Comment