Thursday, April 19, 2012

A-Music Week 10

This week I wanted to focus on one of my favorite Japanese bands, Asian Kung-Fu Generation.


The first time I heard AKFG was back in middle school when I first began watching subbed anime online, specifically to watch  Naruto episodes which had yet to be dubbed and released in America. The song in question, "Haruka Kanata" was simply lumped together with a bunch of catchy OP and ED songs which I really enjoyed but never downloaded because I was inept at using LimeWire. Man, Naruto, even for its faults, had some great OPs and EDs.



Anyway, AKFG doesn't have to rely on gimmicks like a lot of Japanese bands and for me represents a lot of what is right with Japanese music. AKFG not only produces fantastic music, but AKFG has some really slick album cover designs. The same artist who works with AKFG was helped produce The Tatami Galaxy in case you were wondering why the album cover designs looked familiar.

Here are some of AKFG's best songs in my opinion. I usually avoid live performances, but AKFG never fails to impress.

1. Rewrite


2. Blue Train


3. Haruka Kanata


4. After Dark


5. Loop & Loop


6. All Right Part 2


7. Old School


8. Maigoinu To Ame No Beat (No Good Full Versions)


9. World Apart


10. Kimi No Machi Made


Ajikan,
Noel

0 comments:

Post a Comment