Sunday, April 17, 2011

Decision By The Dock


Dear Followers,


In Cardona fashion, what follows will be a heavily modified freewrite in which I basically write whatever is on my mind (wait, don't I write all my blog posts in this manner?). First off, I found out I was going to a wedding today one hour before the appetizers were scheduled to stop being served. So, my mom made me shave my masterpiece, the product of a week's neglect (by hand mind you), slap on a suit, and put on an appropriate mask as to not embarrass my mom in front of her friends.

If you don't know, I am somebody who really despises dressing up. Fancy clothing is simply uncomfortable for me and I would prefer my navy blue sweatpants with the hole which Jenny needs to fix. I am really frustrated that my mom feels like she needs to dress me up as somebody I am not in order to impress her friends and that she views me as a trophy to be presented in the first place. I am really disappoint at how judgmental and superficial society can be. But then again, others enjoy dressing up to look and feel good and I guess they should be allowed to do so as they please.

But speaking of the wedding, my brother's friend's sister was having a 4 month reception after the real wedding. As you may have guessed, the bride in question was Indian hence my being at the party, and the groom was Caucasian. I am glad to see that people are more open to interracial marriages nowadays, and seeing how happy the groom's side of the family was interacting with various members of the Indian community was nice as well.

I have probably only spoken to Monica once in my life, when I was crying at French Lake Park because Nishant, Neal, and Shray wouldn't let me play tackle football with them. Out of pity or compassion, she took me by the hand and bought me ice cream. I wonder if she remembers. She was kind then and she is kind now. Congratulations Monica.

Speaking of weddings, have you ever notice how much sweatpants can accentuate your waist? Take one look at Aladdin (yes, I know he is not actually wearing sweatpants). That is one accentuated waist. Now you know why I always ask you to wear sweatpants Sami Meyer. Congratulations to you as well for being honest with yourself.

As you probably know, Friday was Day of Silence. After what happened during the week, I knew I was going to participate this year. I decided to participate without duct tape to test my will, but I ended up making people feel really awkward instead. For example, Aneesha came up to me on the way up the staircase and all I could do was nod and smile. She must have though I was ignoring her. Jeff even gave me a review of Lotte's Toy to fill the silence. I broke during third block by a combination of Alex Lo cleaning his computer screen and Roy being adorable (yes, I know I am going to hell for using that joke).

Xun just agreed to go and mess with a Perkins waitress with me. I would play the Indian F.O.B and he would be the Chinese exchange student. Antics would ensue. If you're interested, give us your contact information. We'll get back to you in the summer. Speaking of the summer, I haven't registered for debate camp yet. MDAW should serve my purposes well anyways, considering I will be working with Mariah and the rest of the Minnesota squad. I feel like you get what you put into debate camp, so I would get just as much out of MDAW as anywhere else. Whatever. At least I can play some wicked soccer with Arif.

Speaking of soccer, I just started Hayate no Gotoku and Death Note this week to fill the void between Winter 2011 and Spring 2011. First, Hayate no Gotoku was practically forced on me by a mixture of Jeff, Ivan, and Ian peer pressure. The showd is repetitive as hell, the characters are as static as Static Shock, and the plot is nonexistent. Yet, I keep on watching. As far as Death Note goes, I have already seen most of the show in nonchronological order on AS. As such I already know SPOILER that L dies SPOILER and watching every episode is very boring as such. Maybe I should just drop this one like Shugo Chara.

James. So much class for one individual.

Tomorrow I get to see Cameryn again. I am really happy. Without Cameryn's help last year dealing with my problems I would have done a lot that I would probably have regretted. Cameryn is loyal as hell, and she always reminds me that there is somebody who cares. After she began taking her full-time PSEO classes, I felt as though she lived on a different continent completely and our only form of communication has been sporadic Facebook conversations. I am going to give her a big hug when I see her, like I do whenever I see Lina or Michelle.

Well, this was a good way to feel productive following my 30 min... I mean 3 hours of volunteer work (you know what's up Christian and Sam, creator of volleyball). If I confused you when you read this, I have succeeded beyond my wildest expectations. In the words of Lelouch, the only ones who deserve to shoot are the ones who are prepared to be shot at. Oyasuminasai~

The Splendid Performance,
Noel

2 comments:

JZ said...

HAYATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

JZ said...

DON'T DROP SHUGO CHARA, NO

DON'T DO IT

Post a Comment