Friday, April 8, 2011

Strawberry Time

Dear Followers,


Boy was today a fantastic day. After driving 60 mph on Schmidt Lake Road back to my house to forge a check and avoid running an extra mile, I enjoyed a relaxed tennis practice under the gentle instruction of Coach Herscher (I really don't know how to spell his name... maybe Huber?). Expecting to meet up with Alex Aronovich at some unidentified Indian restaurant, James, Evan, and I headed out in James' car only to find out that Aronovich was busy.




Going with plan B, we headed to Don Pablo's expecting a day of Endless Fajitas. Well, that day is on Wednesday. Endless Enchiladas is on Thursday. We got the fajitas anyways. I swear to God (what up Bradley?) , Don Pablo's lures you in with those fried nachos and then when you order you can't finish anything unless you are endless stomach James. I am surprised we managed to get to dessert. That Chocolate Volcano never even stood a chance. Rest in peace buddy.




Me and Miles Death may be having one of the longest poking wars in the history of Facebook. On that topic, I finished my epic postcard for Profe Pfeffer today. I hope she will enjoy the Culver's coupon I gave her without concluding that I think she like fast food.  She knows she will use the coupon. Everybody does. I am really sad that I can't find my love for Spanish anymore. Maybe Japanese tainted me. I can't help but reply はい when somebody asks me something.




In other news, today I had the pleasure of discovering that Square Enix has planned to release Final Fantasy XIII-2 (THANK YOU RAPH-KUN). This has only happened one other time in Final Fantasy history (well, technically) with the release of FFX-2. While I enjoyed the mini skirts and pop star Yuna, FFX-2 was not well done, even if the fighting system laid the groundwork for FFXIII. While the trailer (below) looks very beautiful, I am hoping Square Enix is planning on making this game like they would a stand-alone and not just a knock off. We will see.


Damn Lightning looks sexy in armor.

As you can probably tell from my choice of random images today, I finished Kimi ni Todoke after marathoning for two days. I am not going to lie, Kimi ni Todoke was not groundbreaking in any way. In fact, many of you will not like this show (back off Partha). Hell, I was frustrated out of my mind because of all the stupid misunderstandings which come up in Kimi ni Todoke and I never hesitated to flick off my screen or yell at Sawako for being dumb (really, you are crying in every damn episode).



Even for these flaws, I loved Kimi ni Todoke for simplicity. This show was just nice to watch is all. For some reason I was really in the mood for a simple show about high school drama. Maybe because my life lacks high school drama. Who knows? Watching the exaggerated gratefulness of Sawako as she cherishes everything she has was somewhat eye opening for me and made me realize how lucky I am to be surrounded by good friends.



Well, that's all I got for today. Maybe one of these days I will start studying like I promised myself on the first day of Spring Break. Probably not. じゃね (Ivan, "Strawberry Time" is a reference from Kimi ni Todoke).


Kimi Ga Suki De,
Noel

2 comments:

Bdaws said...

Yes, I realize that you just enjoy baiting me.

Yes, I still take the bait every time.

NoelVermillion said...

what can I say, I am a professional fisherman

Post a Comment