Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Kimi ni Todoke

Dear Followers,


I have a habit of using people's birthdays as an excuse to get me to set aside sometime to draw. For Oliver He, I decided to do a piece for Hayao Miyazaki, one of the most influential and famous animators in history. Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli pump out masterpieces faster than Michaelangelo (except Ponyo was...). As for Oliver, he is one of the most loyal friends a guy could ask for. Whenever Oliver dicks around, I have a habit of ragging on him to try and get him focused. Sorry. Whatever man. I do it because I love you. Have a happy birthday. We should go bowling sometime.




Once again, I am pumped for Spring 2011 after finishing Deadman Wonderland on my iPhone.And for the record, shoujos can go die. I am such a sucker for subtle romances. First I experienced the masterpiece that is Kaichou wa Maid-Sama and now I have been YouTube-related-videoed into Kimi ni Todoke. I feel like a teenage girl, laying in my bed with a box of cookies and biting my nails over if Sawako will find the people spreading rumors or if Kazehaya will ever make a move. I know Ivan wants me to just read the manga, but this animation is so delicious. All in good fun.


Come on. You know this is adorable.

Sawakaze,
Noel

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I <3 Kimi ni Todoke.

APYC said...

haha Kimi ni Todoke is adorable :)

Unknown said...

<3 Miyazaki. Is the little girl on the left from Grave of the Fireflies?

NoelVermillion said...

yep :)

Unknown said...

I just finished that recently. It was sad :(

NoelVermillion said...

I know what you mean. But "Grave of the Fireflies" is one of the most human films I have ever seen, even as an animated film.

Post a Comment